Tattoos, Proverbs and Women

By 7:19 PM , , , ,


She is clothed with strength and dignity; she can laugh at the days to come.
-Proverbs 31:25

This has been my verse as of late. I feel that so often, in the church, being a woman, a female, is made out to be that you have to be some gentle, cookie-cutter, women's conference, "modest" dressing, graceful, encouraging, submissive creature. (just a clue ya'll- that "woman" does not exist!) 

Have you all ever read Proverbs 31? Like, for real? The woman described there? She is, for lack of a better way to describe it, a total bad ass. 

She is a God-lover. She's an entrepreneur, provides for her family, dresses them, works, is financially stable, is loyal. Her husband trusts her, she's physically strong. Compassionate and giving. She's intelligent, gives trustworthy instruction and guidance. She is noble! Noble- that's a word so often associated with men, but this woman? She's got it going on.

... she's not afraid of the future. She has no fear of what it may bring, because she not only trusts God, but she can take care of herself. 

As an independent, single girl, I appreciate this more than many people can know.

And when people ask me;

"What are you doing after[YWAM}?" 

I'm like, "who knows! I have the next YEAR thought out! That's more than I've known in ages! Who cares what's next?!"

I want to laugh at the days to come. Because I am fully able to take care of myself, to surround myself with good people, community, art, family.... and because I trust that God is in control. 


You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. yes yes yes. thanks for this, em. totally needed it today. love you.

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.